Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Hello 👋 I am Servesh, Co-Founder and CTO of Kayzen, and I am now looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be reporting directly to me and working very closely with our Engineering Team (e.g. Nishant, Chirag, Devanand, Aakash) 🙌
But wait, you have not heard of Kayzen before? 😃
In short, Kayzen is a B2B SaaS platform that allows companies to reach users with video and rich media ads while they use mobile apps.
We are a 65-people international team, working flexibly across 8 different countries:
In Kayzen, our Engineering team owns the Real-time bidding (RTB) platform, a Real-time budget system, Real-time event processing, a Stream data processing engine and multiple other complex large-scale distributed components and data pipelines. We work closely with data scientists, data analysts, and product and business teams.
How would I describe the engineering challenges in Kayzen?
We have to deal with >100bn ad requests from 1bn+ unique users worldwide on a daily basis.
This implies we are……
- Handling ~2 Million Req/sec in sub-millisecond latency
- Handing and managing ~Petabytes of data
- Managing distributed systems deployed across multiple data centres
- Optimizing JVM and Linux kernel for optimal performance
- 📚(If you would like to know more about our engineering, read this, and this as well 😉)📚
How would I describe the culture within the engineering team?
- Collaboration 🤝- Every workday we would have a stand-up for us asking each other questions. You will also have a buddy at the beginning of your tenure, making sure you will be truly embedded into the team.
- Ownership 🚀 - ❌Micro-management is NEVER our style❌
- Positivity 😄 - We will eventually find our way around the hard technical challenge. Stay relaxed, and work smart 😌
- Curiosity 💭- We think ahead. We ask “Why”. We challenge our assumptions.
- P.S. If you are around our Bangalore office, we would have lunch together every workday 🍱
Your main responsibilities……
- Designing, coding, deploying & maintaining highly scalable software components and architecture
- Deep-dive into any part of the stack and low-level systems
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning the system for greater scalability, etc.
- Building the system required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Creating data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Mentoring junior software engineers
Sounds like you? 😉
- Proficiency in Java. Good understanding of Multi-threading, JVM, GC and profiling tools
- Proficiency in working in Unix/Linux-based environments
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL, Aerospike, and Postgres.
All in all - Why Kayzen?
- We genuinely see encouraging ownership of your quality work, accelerating your career development, and keeping+hiring exceptional colleagues as the biggest perks (above everything else)
- 💰We are already profitable. So you can expect stability from the company financially, and you can enjoy the thrill of working in a start-up environment at the same time.
- Our work is driven by our own team, rather than external parties (e.g. Often start-up/scale-up companies can be heavily influenced by external parties, such as venture investors who are not deeply into the business.)
- Transparency - Day-to-day work experience with the management team and regular business updates to the team
- 😃Our Kayzenians - For instance, we did a global week of workation offsite in 2022. Check out how we were having fun here. Perhaps we will see you in the next offsite as well?🌴
Other benefits for every Kayzenian globally
- Competitive compensation package
- Parent-friendly company culture
- Remote-friendly company culture
- $500 home-office-equipment budget
- $1000 annual learning and development budget
Our team genuinely believes high-performance outcomes are achieved through hiring top talent and creating a productive and healthy work culture.
🤗 Hopefully the above excites you enough to apply 🤗
P.S. Not sure whether you should apply as you think you may not meet all the above criteria?
- No worries, just apply for the role first 🙂
- We encourage you to apply even if you meet only some of the points in the job description.
- Then, we could have a chat and see if you could be suitable for the role.