Senior QA Engineer (m/f/d)
(Important Note: We are ONLY looking for candidates who at least have solid knowledge and understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning)
Hello 👋 I am Servesh, Co-Founder and CTO of Kayzen, and I am now looking for a QA Engineer who will be reporting directly to me, fully dedicating his/her time and effort to assisting our Data Science and Machine Learning Team 🙌
But wait, you have not heard of Kayzen before? 😃
In short, Kayzen is a B2B SaaS platform that allows companies to reach users with video and rich media ads while they use mobile apps.
We are a 65-people international team, working flexibly across 8 different countries:
Why is this role in particular exciting?
If you are looking for a QA role which can get you closer to the day-to-day actions of a strong DS and ML team, this is the one for you 🔥
How would I describe the engineering challenges in Kayzen?
We have to deal with >100bn ad requests from 1bn+ unique users worldwide on a daily basis.
This implies we are……
- Handling ~2 Million Req/sec in sub-millisecond latency
- Handing and managing ~Petabytes of data
- Managing distributed systems deployed across multiple data centres
- Optimizing JVM and Linux kernel for optimal performance
- 📚(If you would like to know more about our engineering, read this, and this as well 😉)📚
How would I describe the culture of Kayzen Engineering?
- Collaboration 🤝- Every workday we would have a stand-up for us to ask each other questions. You will also have a buddy at the beginning of your tenure, making sure you will be truly embedded into the team.
- Ownership 🚀 - ❌Micro-management is NEVER our style❌
- Positivity 😄 - We will eventually find our way around the hard technical challenge. Stay relaxed, and work smart 😌
- Curiosity 💭- We think ahead. We ask “Why”. We challenge our assumptions.
- P.S. If you are around our Bangalore office, we would have lunch together every workday 🍱
Your day-to-day in Kayzen…..
- Develop, Execute and maintain test automation scripts using Python
- Work with Big data pipelines for data profiling and sanity and develop tools to implement ETL in the big data pipeline
- Perform data verification and automate the validation from DB sources and Hadoop Environment and data workflows
- Drive improvements in the existing automation framework to improve reporting, quality and maintainability
- Debug and troubleshoot issues within the Platform engineering ecosystem
- Provide all stakeholders with appropriate regression reports in a timely manner
Sounds like you? 😉
- Proficiency in Python
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the fundamentals of Data Science and Machine Learning
- Previous experience in big data pipeline automation testing.
- Previous experience in relational SQL, columnar stores like Clickhouse
- Previous experience in Docker containers
- Previous experience in Linux/Unix environment
- Previous experience in Automating Backend Application, RESTful services
All in all - Why Kayzen?
- We genuinely see encouraging ownership of your quality work, accelerating your career development, and keeping+hiring exceptional colleagues as the biggest perks (above everything else)
- 💰We are already profitable. So you can expect stability from the company financially, and you can enjoy the thrill of working in a start-up environment at the same time.
- Our work is driven by our own team, rather than external parties (e.g. Often start-up/scale-up companies can be heavily influenced by external parties, such as venture investors who are not deeply into the business.)
- Transparency - Day-to-day work experience with the management team and regular business updates to the team
- 😃Our Kayzenians - For instance, we did a global week of workation offsite in 2022. Check out how we were having fun here. Perhaps we will see you in the next offsite as well?🌴
Other benefits for every Kayzenian globally
- Competitive compensation package
- Parent-friendly company culture
- Remote-friendly company culture
- $500 home-office-equipment budget
- $1000 annual learning and development budget
Our team genuinely believes high-performance outcomes are achieved through hiring top talent and creating a productive and healthy work culture.
🤗 Hopefully the above excites you enough to apply 🤗
P.S. Not sure whether you should apply as you think you may not meet all the above criteria?
- No worries, just apply for the role first 🙂
- We encourage you to apply even if you meet only some of the points in the job description.
- Then, we could have a chat and see if you could be suitable for the role.