Within the Orange Group, Orange Business Services is the entity dedicated to the Enterprise market worldwide.
Both a network operator and a digital services integrator, Orange Business Services deploys its expertise in the fields of Cloud, Data and AI, IoT, application development and cyber security. It supports and protects companies at each stage of the development of their data: collection, transport, storage and processing, analysis and sharing.
The Human Resources Department plays a key role on acquiring and developing the strategic skills that are essential in our highly competitive markets. Within this department, the multicultural People Development and Learning team designs, deploys, manages, and coordinates learning actions for the benefit of our employees and business all over the world.
The People Development and Learning team positions learning as a building block for the continuous evolution of our company. It aims to support our employees in their development ambitions and provide them with innovative and best in class learning solutions adapted to their personal learning preferences.
Learning plays a key role in “Invest in our people”, part of our Engage 2025 strategy, the employee experience we wish to offer and the ambition to build a model of digital and human employer.
PD&L’s mission statement is “To inspire learning: We are a global community, welcoming learning professionals, managers and experts who seek to create confidence and success for Orange Business Services women and men. We believe passionately that people can make the world better and, with the right skills, anything is possible.”
Within the context of People Development and Learning, the Learning & Development Business Consultant will:
- Serve as a strategic learning advisor within his/her Business Unit and consult with key stakeholders to create and implement a relevant, coherent and robust L&D strategy in line with OBS and his/her Business Unit’s learning priorities.
- Act as a Product Owner (PO) for his/her respective strategic domain within the OBS “Your Learning Journey”. Consult with key stakeholders to create and implement a relevant learning structure, identify strategic learning needs required to develop our employees’ mindset and contribute to a high performing organization.
Own the L&D consultancy relationship with their business counterparts, work in partnership with the business to have an in-depth knowledge of the businesses learning and development requirements and propose development solutions in line with the business strategy
- Ensure learning and development initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with the OBS learning strategy.
- Partner with the business to strategically position the OBS “Your Learning Journey program”.
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic people development and learning programs within their respective Business Unit.
- Anticipate and forecast in a timely manner any potential L&D demands from his/her respective Business Unit.
- Represent PD&L to promote the OBS global and transversal projects as well as communicate about PD&L tools, process, services, and organization.
- Act as an advocate for his Business Unit within PD&L
- Work closely with the Regional Operations Manager to integrate the Business Unit learning and development requirements into the regional learning plan to ensure a smooth roll-out.
- Ensure the Business Unit learning needs are well understood, integrated, delivered, and followed according to business expectations.
- Establish quarterly Business Reviews to ensure the Business Unit’s learning plan is well implemented across the world, metrics are shared, and any issues are raised to key business stakeholders.
- Act as a Product Owner (PO) for his/her respective strategic area (or expertise) within the OBS Your Learning Journey space:
- Hold overall responsibility for hub content, animation, maintenance, structure and design in coherence with the global approach.
- Responsible for the strategy and the deliverables of the stream
- Facilitate animation and governance calls with key business & HR stakeholders to identify and understand business priorities to enable content curation to bring appropriate learning solutions.
- Lead and coordinate with the PD&L team, the identification/definition of appropriate learning solutions aiming to have the biggest impact on the greatest number of OBS employees, and guarantee their implementation within the OBS Learning Journey space
- Guarantee interfaces with other workstreams and different Orange schools to avoid replication
- Escalate blockages and possible solutions to the Core Team and operational committee
- Monitor the use of content using reports, decide on and coordinate the main updates
- Contribute to the communication plan and promote the solutions implemented, making sure to report workstream initiatives to the editorial committee
- Maintain a strong connection to the Orange Learning & Development ecosystem including Orange schools, business functions, partners and vendors.
- External market watch: Maintain an awareness of innovative Learning and Development market practices to inspire our thinking and be seen as consultant advisors by his/her Business Unit.
You are a key player to ensure the success of the OBS Learning Journey and the learning solutions offered within the program.
As an active member of PD&L you may be required to:
- Facilitate or deliver a learning session, workshop, or webinar
- Manage the implementation of a transversal OBS or Group learning project or program (or may be required to contribute or participate)
These activities are not exhaustive and may change depending on the priorities and continuous evolution of the Orange Group and Orange Business Services
Key Skills and Competencies
Key skills and knowledge
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- Ability to identify problems and work to resolution as required
- Products and solutions knowledge
- Consulting experience
- Project management a plus
- Ability to communicate through various medias
- Ability to develop effective relations throughout the business
- Ability to work with the business, provide advice, and create development and implementation plans
- Ability to engage and partner with external providers and internal employees as required
- Ability to deal with senior level stakeholders
- Strong customer orientation
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Intercultural awareness
Senior candidate in Learning and Development with strong stakeholder management
He/she need to demonstrate a real appetite for educational innovation.
Working language(s): English and French