AdaCore is seeking a talented and highly-motivated Leader for the North American Technical Account Manager Team!
Everything we do at AdaCore is centered around helping developers build safe, secure and reliable software.
For over 25 years, we've worked with global leaders across avionics, aerospace and defense industries, building tools and providing services that ease the complex and difficult process of developing high-integrity software. As the need for truly secure and reliable applications expands into industries such as automotive, medical, energy, and IOT, we’re advancing our time-tested technologies to bring expertise and services to help a whole new generation of developers.
Our 120 experts worldwide in the US (New York, Lexington), France (Paris, Toulouse, Grenoble and Vannes), the UK and Estonia all play a role in developing bleeding edge technologies to meet the highest grade of software development.
Joining AdaCore is about joining a culture of innovation, openness, collaboration and dependability, which defines how we work together, with our customers and partners.
About this Role
Leading the Technical Account Manager Team in North America, your role at AdaCore will ensure the front-line technical success and commercial development in our core markets. You will join a dynamic team of sales professionals and subject matter experts who are focused on ensuring the safety and reliability of the world’s foremost critical software systems. While engaging with customers in the Aerospace and Defense industries, you and your team will use your deep technical experience and knowledge of the Ada and SPARK programming language ecosystems to advocate for the usage of AdaCore’s technologies as the premier solution for the development of safety-critical systems. Help to introduce QGen (first to market TQL1 codegen for Simulink/Stateflow) and its value on streamlining DO-178C certification costs. As a primarily customer-facing role, the Technical Account Manager position requires a challenging mix of superb interpersonal skills, as well as a wide set of technical experience to ensure the success and satisfaction of AdaCore’s customers.
- Build and lead the Technical Account Manager Team in North America
- Work with the commercial leadership team to establish annual objectives and recruitment plans
- Recruit and onboard new Team members
- Assist Account Managers to qualify pre-sales and post-sales technical inquiries and strategic opportunities
- Ensure customer success by developing technical rapport with key customer stakeholders and technical leaders in conjunction with Account Managers and other sales team members
- Drive product presentations and lead technical discussions in pre-sales and post-sales technical interchanges
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Product Engineering teams to develop custom proposals to solve complex customer challenges
- Partner with potential and current customers to facilitate successful evaluations of new products and services
- Contribute to strategic and community marketing activities by authoring blog posts, white-papers, technical documentation, and presenting webinars and pre-recorded videos
- Represent the company at trade-shows, technical conferences, and educational events
- Advocate for customer needs by partnering with Product Managers and Product Engineering to provide product feedback collected from field visits and technical interchanges
- Provide technical support to sales and marketing teams as a subject matter expert in all of the company’s product lines and technologies
- Evangelize the Ada and SPARK programming languages with a focus on safety-critical software development as an expert in the languages and their respective tool suites
- Help with go-to-market strategies with new AdaCore offers such as QGen
- Leverage your deep technical background and expertise in the company’s technologies to guide customers in the adoption of new and exciting products
- Develop best practices based on exchanges and experiences with customer engagements to help the company grow its subscription base and reputation in the industry
You have minimum 5-8 years experience in a Technical Account Manager or FAE role, preferably in the A&D domains
You have minimum 3-5 years of embedded software development experience on successfully deployed products or systems, preferably with a major A&D prime or the US military
You have experience of leading teams with demonstrable success in helping them reaching revenue and KPI targets
You have experience with typical software development practices including test driven development, Q&A procedures, static analysis techniques, and continuous integration methodologies
You are familiar with A&D industry standard tooling such as version control systems, static analysis tools, and testing tools
You have strong technical presentation and interpersonal skills
You are comfortable with domestic and international travel (~25-35%)
You thrive in an autonomous environment, balancing long term and short responsibilities
You are a U.S. citizen with a valid U.S. passport
Knowledge of the Aerospace & Defense software ecosystem
Knowledge of software certification standards, such as DO-178C, and practices
Knowledge of Simulink®/Stateflow® languages
Hands-on software development experience and Ada is a plus