Work with Us:
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to teach English online with an established institution with over 76 years of service to the country. Centro Cultural Costarricense Norteamericano is a non-profit language institute and cultural center declared to be of public interest by the government of Costa Rica. We serve the needs of thousands of English learners from around the country through our consolidated language programs and innovative learning materials. Our teachers are true educational professionals who plan and deliver high quality learning experiences for our students and they are supported by the institution with constant training and professional development as well as access to the resources they need to teach and grow.
- Supportive and stable work environment
- Professional Development Program
- Work from home
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Guaranteed 12 to 32 weekly hours based on availability
- Company doctor and paid vacation time
- Asociación Solidarista
- Full command of the English language (C1)
- Academic background related to English teaching
- Availability to teach in the evenings and Saturdays
- Broadband internet connection (min. 10 Mbps download)
- Personal computer, webcam, and headset
- Attend a two-week virtual orientation training
- Costa Rican citizenship or legal permanent resident status
- You must reside in Costa Rica during your employment with CCCN
How Do I Apply to Teach Virtual with CCCN?:
We carry out our recruiting cycle every eight weeks in order to select and train new teachers for our next academic term. The process consists of the following steps.
- Get Started: Submit your application and CV through our online talent management system. After you do this, you will receive an automatic confirmation email with instructions for the next steps in the process. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder.
- Tell Us about You: Complete an online language test, a personal introduction video, and a short virtual teaching demonstration video. These tasks will help us get to know you better. If your skills and experience match the profile we are looking for, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Meet with Us: Meet with a member of our recruiting team in ZOOM for an interview to discuss your beliefs, abilities, and teaching experience related to the Hourly Teacher position.
- Get Ready: If the Hourly Teacher position is a good fit for your skills and interests, you will be invited to participate in our virtual orientation course. This online training will prepare you with the knowledge and skills you need to plan and deliver online classes in accordance with CCCN’s principles of teaching and learning. The course consists of 10 synchronous sessions in the evenings from Monday to Friday. This is the final requirement in order to be eligible for hire.
- Start Teaching: When the student registration period ends you will be assigned groups according to your availability and the needs of the institution. You will also be paired with a Coach who will provide ongoing support to help you begin your career with CCCN.
Complete your application today!