The Consolidation and Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting in the reporting of all entities within the Orange Business Services International division of Orange SA Group.
The role is part of the consolidation and reporting team, within the Chief Accounting Office, which is responsible for the preparation of the monthly consolidated results of all entities within the Orange Business Services International division of Orange SA (OSA) Group. The team provides key support in reporting to FP&A, Orange SA Group. Assistance is also provided to regional and business finance teams during, and outside of, the month end close process in order that group accounting policies are adhered to.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for performing the Equant group monthly consolidations.
- Assist in preparation of key monthly milestone reporting namely: D+3, D+6, cash-flow and transmission reporting models.
- Ensuring compliance to sarbox controls related to consolidation, revenue and costs and maintaining the related sarbox control documentation.
- Assist in periodic balance sheet reviews of entities to ensure IFRS compliance and adherence to internal accounting policies and controls.
- Liaison with regional and country controllers and senior financial management to resolve issues.
- Ensure compliance to group accounting policies and procedures.
- Continually drive for process improvement/efficiency. Identify areas for improvement, suggest and implement solutions.
- Assist in the hard close, half year and year end audit providing full support to our auditors.
- Detailed review of items in the cash flow such as prepayment, inventory and others.
- Reports to Consolidation and Reporting Manager.
- Regular liaison and reporting to OSA Consolidation and Reporting, FP&A, Orange SA ,Chief Accounting Officer/Head of Finance Operations, internal and external auditors.
Qualifications / Experience
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Good overall knowledge of IFRS such as revenue recognition is advantageous.
- Excellent financial accounting skills required.
- A competent systems user. Experience of Oracle consolidations and Horizon would be useful, but not essential.
- Exposure to large consolidations would be preferable but not essential.
- High degree of initiative and independence, able to work unsupervised, self-starter.
- Strong analytical mind and proven problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work in a fast moving environment and to meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A global approach and an appreciation of cultural differences.
- Strong team player, with ability to act as individual practitioner and leader.
- Ability to learn, flexibility, creativity: good business and management skills.
- Excellent Excel and good Word and Powerpoint skills, Essbase/Oracle/Magnitude experience advantageous.